My favorite ice cream growing up was cookies n’ cream so when I stumbled upon this recipe on Erica’s Sweet Tooth (a great baking blog!) I knew I had to make them. Oh and I love Oreos. These Oreo Cream cookies were so incredible right out of the oven and remained soft and delicious. The recipe is very simple and straightforward which I love. This is a great cookie to include in your Holiday Cookie baking this year! What other cookie recipes should I make this Holiday Season? I would love to hear from you!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Oreo’s, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet and mix on low speed until combined.
- Fold in Oreo’s.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet (I use cookie scooper).
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges just start to brown (don’t overbake!). Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.