We celebrated my sister’s birthday over Labor Day weekend [21 days early] because I won’t be here on her actual birthday to celebrate with everyone we had a wonderful family dinner and her dessert of choice was Dirt Cake…also known as a giant, delicious, Oreo Cookie… except better. This was one of our favorites growing up so I was really excited to make it. If you’re looking for a healthy dessert this probably isn’t the one for you. And I wouldn’t encourage anyone trying to make this recipe “better for you” just make it, have a few bites…you won’t be sorry. It’s very simple to prepare – the longest part is layering the Oreo Cookie and cream filling AND it’s no-bake! Refrigerate and it will be great as leftover dessert for the rest of the week. You only need to serve a small dish of this dirt cake and it’s a huge hit with kids [and adults alike]
Fall baking is all the rage right now [seeing as we JUST hit September] but considering it’s 80 degrees, I’m going to keep on with the summertime baking. I’m holding on to the last bit of summer…
- 1 ¼ Packages of Oreo Cookies
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 ½ cup skim milk
- 1 8oz container of defrosted Cool Whip
- Place all Oreo Cookies in food processor and chop until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add sugar, pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip (make sure Cool Whip is defrosted!). Blend until completely combined.
- Starting with chopped Oreo, layer cookies and cream until complete. Top with gummy worms (of course)
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.