A few weeks ago I was in New Orleans for work. With a little bit of free time, I ubered to the French Quarter to explore. It was a perfectly sunny day for walking around. My first stop was Cafe du Monde (of course) for some beignets and cafe au lait. They certainly lived up to the hype…it was hard to just eat two of the three…and maybe I should have had only one? Yea right. The city is beautiful with so much to see and do. I definitely didn’t have time to see enough so I’ll be revisiting at some point. What I did do was a lot of eating! Here are some of the spots we checked out and enjoyed…
- Carousel Bar & Criollo– have you hear about the Carousel bar that spins as you sit at the bar? A must see. After the bar, check out Criollo for traditional creole fare. It was incredible!
- Compare Lapin – recently opened by Nina Compton of Top Chef. Really great atmosphere, awesome food.
- Palace Cafe – more on the touristy side but my pecan catfish was delicious and the bananas foster didn’t disappoint.
- Johnny Sanchez – a little weird to eat Mexican in New Orleans but the atmosphere was really fun and the cauliflower tacos were awesome.
- Swizzle Stick Bar – at the Loews hotel. Fun signature cocktails and shrimp corn dogs (oh yea) and gumbo.
P.S. Louisiana is my 30th State on the Bucket List!