Saturday’s Weekend Brunch Sweets & Treats…monkey bread with cinnamon buns?! This recipe doesn’t need a lot of explaining. It’s such a simple recipe and definitely a crowd pleaser. Cinnamon buns alone are amazing but put them into a pan baked with butter, sugar, and frosting…you just created heaven on earth. This recipe comes from a blogger I “met” through the Online BlogCon this fall – her site, Something Swanky, is amazing and full of delicious recipes so please check it out! Enjoy your weekend!!
- 3 cans cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease bunt pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in large Ziploc bag.
- Open can of cinnamon buns, cut each roll in two. Roll each piece into a ball and put in Ziploc bag. Shake bag to coat each ball thoroughly.
- Press each coated dough ball into bunt pan.
- In microwave safe bowl, microwave butter and brown sugar for one minute. Stir to dissolve sugar. Pour over dough balls.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes – the outside will be lightly brown.
- Let monkey bread stand in bunt pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto plate.
- Drizzle frosting over top of the bread.